You’d like to refresh your mountain & safety skills?
Our avalanche training courses will equip you with all the knowledge and practical skills to know what to do in the worst case scenario
This intensive half day course will be a mix of theory and practical skills on the mountain with one of our trained UIAGM mountain guides. We will simulate a burial so that you can put everything into practice.
Cost 80 euros
(minimum of 4 for the course to run)
We will cover:
- how avalanches form and how they release
- Avalanche avoidance: how to identify Avalanche terrain and potential triggers
- Using information and resources and how to read an avalanche bulletin
- Correct use of safety equipment: transceiver, shovel and probe
- What to do if you are caught – rescue procedure
- Practical: Companion search in single and multiple burial scenario
Meet in Anton Cafe, course runs from 9am-12pm