Ski touring has long been popular amongst locals escaping the resort into the winter wilderness, however in recent years it has grown in popularity as visitors search out the untracked exhilarating powder descents far from the lifts. The vast mountain ranges of the Arlberg provide an almost endless choice of tours.
St. Anton / Arlberg: Girls Off Piste Technique and Ski Touring Camps
Would you like to share your burning passion for Off Piste skiing with other girls and connect with like-minded women?
Our Piste to Powder Girls Freeride camps are aimed at women who share a passion for the mountains and would like to develop their off piste skills and build confidence in an inspiring and motivational environment. Led by our expert female UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guides – by women for women!
Women learn in different ways to men so our courses are optimally geared to train women to enhance your learning through specific technique training methods. Each day your guide will set fun challenges to improve your skills. By the end of the course you will have a new found confidence in Off Piste or Ski Touring and be ready for the next challenge!
Our Off Piste Technique and Ski Touring camps run through the season starting in December. These are geared at intermediate/advanced Level 2-3 Off Piste skiers wanting to focus on technique or ski touring skills in preparation for longer tours. All camps have small Group focus – maximum 6 participants. and include free safety equipment, a free Piste to Powder buff and an Avalanche safety briefing or full Avalanche safety course .
Girls Off Piste Technique Camp 18th December 2021
Join for a morning intensive Off Piste skills training in a confidence boosting environment
- Half Day 9-12pm, Off Piste intensive, fun technique training – master the downhill Off Piste!
Ski Touring Skill camps
3 full Days (9-3.30pm) Ski touring skills training to prepare for a ski touring hut to hut adventure
- Day 1 We commence the day with Avalanche Safety skills refresher then we will do some exercises to improve your downhill Off Piste technique before we focus on our skinning skills. Here we will learn how to perfect a smooth and safe skinning technique, conserving energy and mastering those all important kick turns! We then put this all into practice on the uphill before an off Piste descent.
- Day 2 – we will do a relaxed short tour into the stunning Arlberg backcountry as well as focus on improving our touring skills.
- Day 3 – we learn about route planning and navigation, how to use crampons and ice axe and refresh any techniques we need to build confidence in.
- Requirement Level 2/3 Off piste, no previous ski touring experience necessary
- Accomodation and travel not included – but get in touch if you need us to help with this
- Price 420 EUR Book Now
- Dates: Mixed Skill Camp 14-16th Jan 2022, Girls Only 18-20th January 2022
Girls Silvretta Luxury Ski Touring Camp April 2022 (Dates on demand)
3 Days Ski touring in the spectacular Silvretta – with 2 nights in the luxury Piz Buin Inn on lake Silvretta with Wellness. Each day we leave the hotel for a different ski tour, returning in the afternoon to unwind taking in the incredible views to the Piz Buin
- Half Board (twin share) accommodation in Piz Buin – including breakfast and dinner with welcome Prossecco!
- Avalanche safety course and ski touring skills/downhill technique training
- Requirement Level 2/3 Off piste, no previous ski touring experience necessary but you should be of reasonable fitness
- Price 995 EUR (based on 4 or more) single supplement depending on availability
- Dates: April 2022 – led by Geli and Petra – Book Now
Our courses are based in the famous resort of St Anton, a freeride mecca with over 200km of Off Piste, however we can taylor courses for Lech if required, mixed camps also run through the season. Beginner L1 Technique training runs most Monday mornings during the season, these are small mixed groups – book here.
Please note that courses do not include Insurance, lunches and snacks, lift pass, ski equipment, backpack, flights, additional taxis or accomodation. Camps are for skiers only. Boarders can join our Snowboard Open Groups weekly starting January 3rd 2022.
For peace of mind, we offer free changes and cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the start of course – see our full terms here
If you would like to register for any of our Technique or Ski Touring camps you can simply book here
Or need more info? Call 0664 174 6282 and our friendly team will be happy to help. Seasonnaire/Local discounts apply!
What are you waiting for – get off that plateau, improve your skills and have fun!
Blog entry by Zoe
IFMGA/ UIAGM/ IVBV
- NataliaM3890Another great year We have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every... read moreWe have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every trip we say it would be impossible to have a better one. Yet, they keep getting better.
We skied slopes we hadn't done before and eventhough it was busy and we thought it would be impossible to find good untracked snow, the guides were always able to find untouched galleys with perfect snow conditions. It is the perfect way to make the most out of a good skiing holiday and we will definitely do it again next season. read less - 2019-03-24bj_rnv2019Make the most of your days in the mountain If you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They... read moreIf you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They have experienced and knowledgeable guides that know the area by heart. If you love to go off piste, don't miss a day with Piste to Powder! read less - 2019-03-01CADebbieAwesome experience I figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I... read moreI figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I wanted to get the most out of the experience. After spending my first day on the piste with long lines, crowded slopes and spending far too much time looking at the map, I was anxious to get off-piste and away from the crowds. I decided to join an open group level 2 with Piste to Powder and was rewarded with incredible scenery, endless fresh tracks on open bowls and a great guide (Bernie) who knew the mountain well and took us to the best spots that I certainly would never have found or ventured to on my own. I'll admit that a couple of the drop ins and traverses made me go weak at the knees at first glance, but Bernie instilled confidence and was very patient. I enjoyed the small group experience and comradery of like minded skiiers. We were all exhausted at the end of the day but were on a high from the experience. I highly recommend this organization and would go with them again in a heartbeat if I'm ever back in the area. read less - 2017-02-23
- Pedro A.Amazing guiding and quick response late at night We organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech... read moreWe organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech and free-riding. We were not expecting this kind of guiding in San Anton area, really professional and and hard-charging. read less - 2019-01-21John_snowlifeBEST decision was to be Guided for a week I signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found... read moreI signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found us fun off-piste skiing with some fresh powder. It was so much fun and we went to places I could never find on my own. So I signed up for the whole week and it was the best decision I could have made! Tomas took us over the mountains, down the valleys and through the trees in search for untouched powder and we found loads of it. He was extremely professional and I felt safe at all times with him. Being guided the whole week made all the other expenses of the trip so much more worthwhile. read less - 2017-01-21christianhW2378MKExtraordinary! Piste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days... read morePiste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days on the mountain! read less - 2022-03-28
- Hersh T.Great (safe) fun! A very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in... read moreA very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in challenging off-piste conditions. He provided valuable tips and advice in a clear and calm way which contributed to a fun (and safe) day out! read less - 2017-03-21M5869INtombEpic 2 days even with limited visibility Another great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day -... read moreAnother great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day - the latter turned out to surprisingly be the best - found fine visibility runs at top of rendel, through trees, untracked, no one there all day. Epic. Dont let the lack of sun put you off these guys find the runs whatever the weather! read less - 2019-03-20Jan d.My fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack... read moreMy fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack of snow and sun, but even then the guide needs to make the right choices. Florian made us all feel comfortable and safe, took us down beautiful slopes, and did push us to do the extra run. Top day! Recommend PtP! read less - 2019-02-09
- Kmd379Wonderful guides I booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and... read moreI booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and dealt with two people with very different skiing styles brilliantly. The communication prior to the day was excellent and the payment system simple and efficient. I really cannot recommend Piste to Powder enough. Also highlights the importance of equipment and guiding for off piste. We came across an avalanche and two guides from piste to powder immediately organised everyone into efficient and safe search parties. Thankfully no one was hurt but shows how professional and decent they are. read less - 2019-01-06NICHOLAS C.Off Piste St Anton I always like to go with Piste to Powder because I am always guaranteed a good day
The Guides... read moreI always like to go with Piste to Powder because I am always guaranteed a good day
The Guides are always very professional and able to find good conditions.I have been using this company for last twenty years and do not hesitate to recommend them .The response from the office is always very efficient an read less - 2022-01-31Dgjackson1Ski touring in St Anton We had great weather and okay snow! Christoph our guide was knowledgeable kept us safe and had the local knowledge... read moreWe had great weather and okay snow! Christoph our guide was knowledgeable kept us safe and had the local knowledge to find some pockets of great snow! read less - 2019-02-25
- Great trip! Great run from the highest run in the region...
Extremely tired but well worth it!
Thank you Gebi!!! - 2020-03-05Mary A.First guided off piste day! Myself & a friend booked an off piste day on 4th April. We had met our guide, Matthias, the previous... read moreMyself & a friend booked an off piste day on 4th April. We had met our guide, Matthias, the previous morning explaining what we were hoping to achieve from our days guiding. We were looking for a taste of skiing and terrain we would encounter on a planned tour of the Silvretta Route. We felt that Zoe and our guide on the day (Matthias) were very accommodating in trying to give us the experience we were looking for.
The skiing day was great, both informative and challenging and was exactly what we were looking for, with some good feedback from our guide.
Piste to powder we’re great to deal with, they were intent on making sure we got what we were looking for.
From a customer services perspective I should mention that We had previously booked a days guiding with piste to powder but had to cancel due to postponed travel plans. When we contacted Zoe about our cancellation she was very understanding and refunded our deposit without hesitation.
S. Allen read less - 2018-04-21Discover526431Best group off piste guiding in St anton Matthias and Flo found amazing powder snow with no people on the busiest week if the year. Zoe did a... read moreMatthias and Flo found amazing powder snow with no people on the busiest week if the year. Zoe did a great job communicating with us to find guides at the last minute. read less - 2022-02-24
- AliceR1935Fantastic introduction to Off Piste Skiing Had one of my best days on the mountain ever with Piste to Powder yesterday. Peter was absolutely fantastic, encouraging... read moreHad one of my best days on the mountain ever with Piste to Powder yesterday. Peter was absolutely fantastic, encouraging and engaging. He took us to some great spots, gave me some personal technique tips. I would strongly recommend this for people who are eager to try off piste skiing but not sure where to start. I felt safe but equally challenged throughout the day. I'll be back! Thank you Peter! read less - 2019-02-15SonofBenEpic I had not been back to St. Anton for 19 years. Back then I skied off-piste with the Arlberg Ski... read moreI had not been back to St. Anton for 19 years. Back then I skied off-piste with the Arlberg Ski School for years but always without helmet and without all the avalanche gear. This time I ended up skiing in areas I had skied before but felt now a lot safer. Thomas was our guide for the week and he was excellent. I will never forget the 1.1/2 hrs hike we did the first day. He kept on saying "you have to earn your turns". The hike was well worth it since we found fresh powder that I thought I would never would see that day. Every day was different but we always ended up skiing some nice powder in areas where we were pretty much all alone: just our group of 2 to 5. Then when we got back to the slopes at the end of the day it was just like a nightmare. Fortunately we only had a very short distance to ski on those crowded slopes.
Really liked that Thomas set up a WhatsApp group to enable us to share pictures and videos. He also filmed us a lot and he took some great pictures: he is a real good photographer.
I was in town with 45 others. Only 5 of us signed up with piste-to-powder, 5 signed up with the ski school. All others skied by themselves (or in small groups) and ended up complaining about icy and crowded slopes. They had a so-so experience; we had an epic experience. read less - 2020-02-26Robert S.Off Piste Piste to powder guides were great and the admin team were also. Had some great skiing in a safe environment. - 1970-01-01
- Esther v.Geli: cheerfully improving your ski-technique for off-piste skiing! For the fourth year in row we spend two half days of technique training and two days of off piste... read moreFor the fourth year in row we spend two half days of technique training and two days of off piste skiing with Geli, we've booked for next year again!!
Every year she is able to improve our skills and to find the perfect spots for off-piste skiing, being safe and always cheerful!!
Really recommendable!! read less - 2018-03-09ghyllscramblingA superb day on skis.... Can honestly say this was one of the most fantastic days i've ever had on a pair of skis.
Im... read moreCan honestly say this was one of the most fantastic days i've ever had on a pair of skis.
Im on my 3rd season in St Anton and Bernie the guide still managed to take me to areas I had never skied before, and found the most perfect powder even weeks after it last snowed. Cannot recommend this company enough! read less - 2018-02-25Anette U.Unparalleled local knowledge and experience We had 5 great days with P2P in February. We didn’t get a lot of fresh snow during the week... read moreWe had 5 great days with P2P in February. We didn’t get a lot of fresh snow during the week but still our guide managed to find fresh tracks for us and even with low visibility on some days we always felt in good hands. read less - 2018-02-14
- Anette U.Another great week skiing with Burkhard from PistetoPowder. We’ve skiied with them in both open & private groups for the... read moreAnother great week skiing with Burkhard from PistetoPowder. We’ve skiied with them in both open & private groups for the past 5-6 years and always end up improving our skills, aching legs & great memories. The guides know the area exceptionally well and will always do their best to find fresh tracks. read less - 2019-03-09All-time Experience What an all-time experience!
We skied 4 days after the last storm and our private guide, Moritz, found us plenty... read moreWhat an all-time experience!
We skied 4 days after the last storm and our private guide, Moritz, found us plenty of freshies. I can’t say enough about him. His personality was fantastic and he spoke perfect English.
My kids (12 and 15) and I are solid, off-piste skiers. Not cliff huckers, but we like it deep and steep. Moritz watched us ski and found us perfectly challenging lines that pushed us to our limits. Moritz was super patient with the kids and his positivity helped our stoke when things got challenging. We owe the whole experience to him.
I can’t say enough about moritz and piste to powder! I’d definitely use them again! read less - 2020-02-18DAC3_11Best day of skiing of our libes We set out on Monday morning with Jakob and we skied fresh tracks until 3.30pm that day... need we say more? - 2019-02-05
- 172k_risAnother side of St. Anton with Piste to Powder We had two excellent days skiing the St. Anton backcountry with Flo who is both very competent and a fantastic... read moreWe had two excellent days skiing the St. Anton backcountry with Flo who is both very competent and a fantastic guy. Finding fresh tracks for almost every run in a popular place like St. Anton is really impressive and he was really skilled at matching the objectives to the ambitions and skills of the group. read less - 2022-01-23chilbrandZeer goede ervaring! Vorige week zijn we twee dagen met een gids en groep van Piste to Powder op pad gegaan. Uniek dat... read moreVorige week zijn we twee dagen met een gids en groep van Piste to Powder op pad gegaan. Uniek dat Piste to Powder open groepen aanbied, waardoor skiën met een gids voor kleine gezelschappen veel toegankelijker wordt. Na het voor-skien werden groepen verdeeld op ski-niveau. Door de verse sneeuw hebben we geweldige onverstoorde sneeuw gevonden! We voelden ons erg op ons gemak bij gids Martin. Hij kwam bekwaam over, had oog voor de groepsleden en heeft er voor gezorgd dat we twee mooie dagen hebben gehad. read less - 2017-01-23Hugh C.Matthias is the best. Best ski experience in my life. I have skied at many of the top places in the world but today was the best day of skiing... read moreI have skied at many of the top places in the world but today was the best day of skiing in my life and I got to share it with my son. We are booking Matthias again for read less - 2022-01-11
- TrailBlazer135068Awesome day at St Anton Had a great day on the mountain with Burkhard! It was tough conditions with lots of snow and low... read moreHad a great day on the mountain with Burkhard! It was tough conditions with lots of snow and low visibility. He showed great lines and took us to places we wouldn't have been able to find without a guide. Two thumbs up! read less - 2022-02-24MagnusKPowder day with Florian at Pist to Powder We had an amazing day hiking and off pist skiing with Florian at Pist and Powder. I can strongly reco - 1970-01-01John T.off piste day to remember a memorable day out with Jacob, covering everything - stunning mountain scenery and skiing with noone else around. A challenging... read morea memorable day out with Jacob, covering everything - stunning mountain scenery and skiing with noone else around. A challenging day but always in safe hands. read less - 2019-01-23