Ski touring has long been popular amongst locals escaping the resort into the winter wilderness, however in recent years it has grown in popularity as visitors search out the untracked exhilarating powder descents far from the lifts. The vast mountain ranges of the Arlberg provide an almost endless choice of tours.
St. Anton / Arlberg: Girls Off Piste Technique and Ski Touring Camps
Would you like to share your burning passion for Off Piste skiing with other girls and connect with like-minded women?
Our Piste to Powder Girls Freeride camps are aimed at women who share a passion for the mountains and would like to develop their off piste skills and build confidence in an inspiring and motivational environment. Led by our expert female UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guides – by women for women!
Women learn in different ways to men so our courses are optimally geared to train women to enhance your learning through specific technique training methods. Each day your guide will set fun challenges to improve your skills. By the end of the course you will have a new found confidence in Off Piste or Ski Touring and be ready for the next challenge!
Our Off Piste Technique and Ski Touring camps run through the season starting in December. These are geared at intermediate/advanced Level 2-3 Off Piste skiers wanting to focus on technique or ski touring skills in preparation for longer tours. All camps have small Group focus – maximum 6 participants. and include free safety equipment, a free Piste to Powder buff and an Avalanche safety briefing or full Avalanche safety course .
Girls Off Piste Technique Camp 18th December 2021
Join for a morning intensive Off Piste skills training in a confidence boosting environment
- Half Day 9-12pm, Off Piste intensive, fun technique training – master the downhill Off Piste!
Ski Touring Skill camps
3 full Days (9-3.30pm) Ski touring skills training to prepare for a ski touring hut to hut adventure
- Day 1 We commence the day with Avalanche Safety skills refresher then we will do some exercises to improve your downhill Off Piste technique before we focus on our skinning skills. Here we will learn how to perfect a smooth and safe skinning technique, conserving energy and mastering those all important kick turns! We then put this all into practice on the uphill before an off Piste descent.
- Day 2 – we will do a relaxed short tour into the stunning Arlberg backcountry as well as focus on improving our touring skills.
- Day 3 – we learn about route planning and navigation, how to use crampons and ice axe and refresh any techniques we need to build confidence in.
- Requirement Level 2/3 Off piste, no previous ski touring experience necessary
- Accomodation and travel not included – but get in touch if you need us to help with this
- Price 420 EUR Book Now
- Dates: Mixed Skill Camp 14-16th Jan 2022, Girls Only 18-20th January 2022
Girls Silvretta Luxury Ski Touring Camp April 2022 (Dates on demand)
3 Days Ski touring in the spectacular Silvretta – with 2 nights in the luxury Piz Buin Inn on lake Silvretta with Wellness. Each day we leave the hotel for a different ski tour, returning in the afternoon to unwind taking in the incredible views to the Piz Buin
- Half Board (twin share) accommodation in Piz Buin – including breakfast and dinner with welcome Prossecco!
- Avalanche safety course and ski touring skills/downhill technique training
- Requirement Level 2/3 Off piste, no previous ski touring experience necessary but you should be of reasonable fitness
- Price 995 EUR (based on 4 or more) single supplement depending on availability
- Dates: April 2022 – led by Geli and Petra – Book Now
Our courses are based in the famous resort of St Anton, a freeride mecca with over 200km of Off Piste, however we can taylor courses for Lech if required, mixed camps also run through the season. Beginner L1 Technique training runs most Monday mornings during the season, these are small mixed groups – book here.
Please note that courses do not include Insurance, lunches and snacks, lift pass, ski equipment, backpack, flights, additional taxis or accomodation. Camps are for skiers only. Boarders can join our Snowboard Open Groups weekly starting January 3rd 2022.
For peace of mind, we offer free changes and cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the start of course – see our full terms here
If you would like to register for any of our Technique or Ski Touring camps you can simply book here
Or need more info? Call 0664 174 6282 and our friendly team will be happy to help. Seasonnaire/Local discounts apply!
What are you waiting for – get off that plateau, improve your skills and have fun!
Blog entry by Zoe
IFMGA/ UIAGM/ IVBV
- NataliaM3890Another great year We have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every... read moreWe have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every trip we say it would be impossible to have a better one. Yet, they keep getting better.
We skied slopes we hadn't done before and eventhough it was busy and we thought it would be impossible to find good untracked snow, the guides were always able to find untouched galleys with perfect snow conditions. It is the perfect way to make the most out of a good skiing holiday and we will definitely do it again next season. read less - 2019-03-24bj_rnv2019Make the most of your days in the mountain If you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They... read moreIf you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They have experienced and knowledgeable guides that know the area by heart. If you love to go off piste, don't miss a day with Piste to Powder! read less - 2019-03-01CADebbieAwesome experience I figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I... read moreI figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I wanted to get the most out of the experience. After spending my first day on the piste with long lines, crowded slopes and spending far too much time looking at the map, I was anxious to get off-piste and away from the crowds. I decided to join an open group level 2 with Piste to Powder and was rewarded with incredible scenery, endless fresh tracks on open bowls and a great guide (Bernie) who knew the mountain well and took us to the best spots that I certainly would never have found or ventured to on my own. I'll admit that a couple of the drop ins and traverses made me go weak at the knees at first glance, but Bernie instilled confidence and was very patient. I enjoyed the small group experience and comradery of like minded skiiers. We were all exhausted at the end of the day but were on a high from the experience. I highly recommend this organization and would go with them again in a heartbeat if I'm ever back in the area. read less - 2017-02-23
- Pedro A.Amazing guiding and quick response late at night We organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech... read moreWe organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech and free-riding. We were not expecting this kind of guiding in San Anton area, really professional and and hard-charging. read less - 2019-01-21John_snowlifeBEST decision was to be Guided for a week I signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found... read moreI signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found us fun off-piste skiing with some fresh powder. It was so much fun and we went to places I could never find on my own. So I signed up for the whole week and it was the best decision I could have made! Tomas took us over the mountains, down the valleys and through the trees in search for untouched powder and we found loads of it. He was extremely professional and I felt safe at all times with him. Being guided the whole week made all the other expenses of the trip so much more worthwhile. read less - 2017-01-21christianhW2378MKExtraordinary! Piste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days... read morePiste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days on the mountain! read less - 2022-03-28
- M5869INtombEpic 2 days even with limited visibility Another great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day -... read moreAnother great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day - the latter turned out to surprisingly be the best - found fine visibility runs at top of rendel, through trees, untracked, no one there all day. Epic. Dont let the lack of sun put you off these guys find the runs whatever the weather! read less - 2019-03-20Hersh T.Great (safe) fun! A very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in... read moreA very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in challenging off-piste conditions. He provided valuable tips and advice in a clear and calm way which contributed to a fun (and safe) day out! read less - 2017-03-21Kmd379Wonderful guides I booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and... read moreI booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and dealt with two people with very different skiing styles brilliantly. The communication prior to the day was excellent and the payment system simple and efficient. I really cannot recommend Piste to Powder enough. Also highlights the importance of equipment and guiding for off piste. We came across an avalanche and two guides from piste to powder immediately organised everyone into efficient and safe search parties. Thankfully no one was hurt but shows how professional and decent they are. read less - 2019-01-06
- Jan d.My fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack... read moreMy fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack of snow and sun, but even then the guide needs to make the right choices. Florian made us all feel comfortable and safe, took us down beautiful slopes, and did push us to do the extra run. Top day! Recommend PtP! read less - 2019-02-09Paradise03685873409Expensive but worth it. A wonderful experience. We had a wonderful two days with Matthias. The skiing conditions in the Alberg region were really tricky, no snow... read moreWe had a wonderful two days with Matthias. The skiing conditions in the Alberg region were really tricky, no snow for two weeks, ice, crud and fast melting snow but Matthias took us off piste and quickly found us the impossible; wonderful soft, virgin powder. He was kind, patient and helpful. His English was perfect. I would definitely recommend having a day or week with Matthias. You will have tired legs but a very happy time. read less - 2023-02-21gionpier ..freeride super freeride tag mit florian. professioneller, symphathischer sehr vertrauenswürdiger guide, der mit uns super rides gefahren ist. - 2019-01-22
- Explore693579Ski guide Fantastic company! Zoe in the front office was great to work with and was able to pair us up... read moreFantastic company! Zoe in the front office was great to work with and was able to pair us up with Martin. Martin is a fantastic guide. I have spent the last 15 years visiting the Arlberg and I couldn't be more impressed with Piste To Powder.
Tom and Molli read less - 2017-02-05Epic I had not been back to St. Anton for 19 years. Back then I skied off-piste with the Arlberg Ski... read moreI had not been back to St. Anton for 19 years. Back then I skied off-piste with the Arlberg Ski School for years but always without helmet and without all the avalanche gear. This time I ended up skiing in areas I had skied before but felt now a lot safer. Thomas was our guide for the week and he was excellent. I will never forget the 1.1/2 hrs hike we did the first day. He kept on saying "you have to earn your turns". The hike was well worth it since we found fresh powder that I thought I would never would see that day. Every day was different but we always ended up skiing some nice powder in areas where we were pretty much all alone: just our group of 2 to 5. Then when we got back to the slopes at the end of the day it was just like a nightmare. Fortunately we only had a very short distance to ski on those crowded slopes.
Really liked that Thomas set up a WhatsApp group to enable us to share pictures and videos. He also filmed us a lot and he took some great pictures: he is a real good photographer.
I was in town with 45 others. Only 5 of us signed up with piste-to-powder, 5 signed up with the ski school. All others skied by themselves (or in small groups) and ended up complaining about icy and crowded slopes. They had a so-so experience; we had an epic experience. read less - 2020-02-26dolja03Great Off Piste Mountain Guides St. Anton and the surrounding area represents a massive scope of terrain. It can be very busy with substantial... read moreSt. Anton and the surrounding area represents a massive scope of terrain. It can be very busy with substantial queues for lifts. My wife and I spent our first few days on piste, which was enjoyable, but we wanted to get off piste for some better riding. We booked a private guide and ended up with fantastic fresh tracks, incredible scenery, and a great guide (Florian) who had keen insight to the mountain. We started the day over coffee and a safety brief and ended completely exhausted after setting fresh tracks in places we would have never found. I highly recommend Piste to Powder and will definitely ride with them again if we return to St. Anton. read less - 2017-03-03
- laurio84Great powder freeride tour in St Anton I booked two freeride day trips with Piste to Powder and was guided by Tom on both days. Two days... read moreI booked two freeride day trips with Piste to Powder and was guided by Tom on both days. Two days ago we had some new snow but the weather was very warm. Nevertheless Tom found us some nice places to ski soft snow. Due to weather it was not really powder but nice anyway. Today we had more new snow and also cold weather and we had a great powder day. read less - 2023-03-15Explore436710Great touring day! Very friendly guide who gave great advice - plus very accommodating with picking us up from Lech. Best day... read moreVery friendly guide who gave great advice - plus very accommodating with picking us up from Lech. Best day skiing in a long time. read less - 2020-03-15lxmnchGreat Experience Super experience with a knowledgeable guide. Really good info on avalanche safety and a really cool run that I would... read moreSuper experience with a knowledgeable guide. Really good info on avalanche safety and a really cool run that I would not have noticed had a toured the same mountain with the guide. read less - 2022-02-01
- Anette U.Unparalleled local knowledge and experience We had 5 great days with P2P in February. We didn’t get a lot of fresh snow during the week... read moreWe had 5 great days with P2P in February. We didn’t get a lot of fresh snow during the week but still our guide managed to find fresh tracks for us and even with low visibility on some days we always felt in good hands. read less - 2018-02-14eriettaelmoMagnus-the best ski guide!!! I had 2 amazing days with Magnus! Every run that we did got better and better and we skied some... read moreI had 2 amazing days with Magnus! Every run that we did got better and better and we skied some really good untouched lines!!!
It only worths to have Magnus as your ski guide!
Magnus delivers you safely to secret lines of powder, you would never have otherwise found!!
You will explore and reach ski terrain that you dream about!
Thank you Magnus ! :) read less - 2019-02-12piggybankmOne of the best in the Freeride Capital Snow drought leading to nearly every off piste tracked out in Arlberg, Christoph still managed to find fresh powder snow... read moreSnow drought leading to nearly every off piste tracked out in Arlberg, Christoph still managed to find fresh powder snow for us. It was a last minute call but Mica managed to sort our schedule nicely. read less - 1970-01-01
- Samuli L.Very good offpiste guiding and awesome day with group Cristoph - 2019-02-09Anthony P.Professional and knowledgeable guides This was my third booking with the company who are agents for self employed guides. On each occasion the... read moreThis was my third booking with the company who are agents for self employed guides. On each occasion the quality of guiding was excellent.
Safety equipment (shovels, probes and transponders) are provided at no additional charge but you may need to bring your own backpack.
The level one courses taken two/three years ago included tuition and exercises to build technique and confidence before going off piste.
The five day, level two "course" took this year had little tuition and plenty of deep snow experience. In spite of limited snow our guide consistently found untracked slopes even if some of the drop offs and traverses were not for the faint hearted.
Take cash for lunch and the occasional taxi back to the lifts. read less - 2017-02-13Eric M.Amazing off-piste week with experienced, safe guide I spent 4 days in a row skiing with Bernhard in a level 2/3 group. It was impressed by Bernhard's... read moreI spent 4 days in a row skiing with Bernhard in a level 2/3 group. It was impressed by Bernhard's ability to bring us amazing skiing, challenging runs all while making safety a top priority. Bernhard regularly told us the safest distance to ski apart, which terrain to avoid and how to handle particularly challenging sections. I highly recommend Piste to Powder!!! read less - 2018-03-01
- rgardner18The Absolute Best. Flo is a Rockstar Process was super easy to book, Zoe was extremely flexible and helpful! Florian is an amazing guide! Spent the full... read moreProcess was super easy to book, Zoe was extremely flexible and helpful! Florian is an amazing guide! Spent the full day finding perfect powder and hit some great lines. read less - 2022-01-11
- Discover526431Best group off piste guiding in St anton Matthias and Flo found amazing powder snow with no people on the busiest week if the year. Zoe did a... read moreMatthias and Flo found amazing powder snow with no people on the busiest week if the year. Zoe did a great job communicating with us to find guides at the last minute. read less - 2022-02-24566juliadIncredible guide My husband and I really enjoyed our time skiing with Tom. He was fun and thoughtful, giving us useful... read moreMy husband and I really enjoyed our time skiing with Tom. He was fun and thoughtful, giving us useful tips, and answering our questions about the area. We felt safe but challenged throughout our day skiing together. And the area we skied was gorgeous - some of the most epic backcountry touring I’ve done. Would highly recommend! read less - 2020-01-08EstherN_11We had a great time! My friend and I joined the "open snowboard group". We had a great time even though there weren't prime snow... read moreMy friend and I joined the "open snowboard group". We had a great time even though there weren't prime snow conditions. Emi made the day perfectly fit for us and we had a fabulous time. We were able to see and experience quite a bit of the backcountry area in one day.
Emi is knowledgeable, patient, funny, gives a lot of tips and you can learn a lot for riding, as well as about respectful behavior in the backcountry.
Thank you for a great experience! read less - 2023-02-18