Get the most out of your off piste experience and book your technique booster – a perfect chance to sharpen your skills at the start of your skiing week, aimed at all levels!
About Piste to Powder Blogger
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that Piste to Powder Blogger contributed 30 entries already.
Entries by Piste to Powder Blogger
It’s been very good ski days lately – despite an average unusual warm February with less than average precipitation across the whole alps. We’ve been enjoying the sun and spring snow skiing – but now back to powder!
Are you ready? St. Anton ski season starts on Friday December 2nd with a Ski and Snowboard free testing weekend, the best way to get your ski legs back and at the same time try out loads of cool skis for free!
Looking back – looking forward…
As the dawn closes on the end of another ski season in the Arlberg, one that was even more special as we welcomed back all of you returning once more.
We’re kicking off the winter season on the 13. December 2021 – so a few days later than expected, but hey, just in time for some Christmas pow ? ? Have you seen the forecast?
Looking forward to the feel of fresh snow under your skis again, discovering great powder runs with fresh tracks away from the crowds and sharing laughter and fun with our guides?
Get ready for a bumper season as restrictions relax…
If you can’t wait for next winter to get away , why not consider a summer trip to the mountains?
“The season that never was” – both strange and surreal for all who experienced it. Empty slopes, great conditions but throughout we have missed all of you who make St Anton special.
Ski touring has long been popular amongst locals escaping the resort into the winter wilderness, however in recent years it has grown in popularity as visitors search out the untracked exhilarating powder descents far from the lifts. The vast mountain ranges of the Arlberg provide an almost endless choice of tours.
IFMGA/ UIAGM/ IVBV
- bj_rnv2019Make the most of your days in the mountain If you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They have experienced and knowledgeable guides that know the area by heart. If you love to go off piste, don't miss a day with Piste to Powder! - 2019-03-01read moreread lessNataliaM3890Another great year We have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every trip we say it would be impossible to have a better one. Yet, they keep getting better.
We skied slopes we hadn't done before and eventhough it was busy and we thought it would be impossible to find good untracked snow, the guides were always able to find untouched galleys with perfect snow conditions. It is the perfect way to make the most out of a good skiing holiday and we will definitely do it again next season. - 2019-03-24read moreread lessPedro A.Amazing guiding and quick response late at night We organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech and free-riding. We were not expecting this kind of guiding in San Anton area, really professional and and hard-charging. - 2019-01-21read moreread less
- CADebbieAwesome experience I figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I wanted to get the most out of the experience. After spending my first day on the piste with long lines, crowded slopes and spending far too much time looking at the map, I was anxious to get off-piste and away from the crowds. I decided to join an open group level 2 with Piste to Powder and was rewarded with incredible scenery, endless fresh tracks on open bowls and a great guide (Bernie) who knew the mountain well and took us to the best spots that I certainly would never have found or ventured to on my own. I'll admit that a couple of the drop ins and traverses made me go weak at the knees at first glance, but Bernie instilled confidence and was very patient. I enjoyed the small group experience and comradery of like minded skiiers. We were all exhausted at the end of the day but were on a high from the experience. I highly recommend this organization and would go with them again in a heartbeat if I'm ever back in the area. - 2017-02-23read moreread lesschristianhW2378MKExtraordinary! Piste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days on the mountain! - 2022-03-28read moreread lessJohn_snowlifeBEST decision was to be Guided for a week I signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found us fun off-piste skiing with some fresh powder. It was so much fun and we went to places I could never find on my own. So I signed up for the whole week and it was the best decision I could have made! Tomas took us over the mountains, down the valleys and through the trees in search for untouched powder and we found loads of it. He was extremely professional and I felt safe at all times with him. Being guided the whole week made all the other expenses of the trip so much more worthwhile. - 2017-01-21read moreread less
- Hersh T.Great (safe) fun! A very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in challenging off-piste conditions. He provided valuable tips and advice in a clear and calm way which contributed to a fun (and safe) day out! - 2017-03-21read moreread lessJan d.My fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack of snow and sun, but even then the guide needs to make the right choices. Florian made us all feel comfortable and safe, took us down beautiful slopes, and did push us to do the extra run. Top day! Recommend PtP! - 2019-02-09read moreread lessKmd379Wonderful guides I booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and dealt with two people with very different skiing styles brilliantly. The communication prior to the day was excellent and the payment system simple and efficient. I really cannot recommend Piste to Powder enough. Also highlights the importance of equipment and guiding for off piste. We came across an avalanche and two guides from piste to powder immediately organised everyone into efficient and safe search parties. Thankfully no one was hurt but shows how professional and decent they are. - 2019-01-06read moreread less
- M5869INtombEpic 2 days even with limited visibility Another great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day - the latter turned out to surprisingly be the best - found fine visibility runs at top of rendel, through trees, untracked, no one there all day. Epic. Dont let the lack of sun put you off these guys find the runs whatever the weather! - 2019-03-20read moreread lessJ4871IXnicholascOff Piste St Anton I always like to go with Piste to Powder because I am always guaranteed a good day
The Guides are always very professional and able to find good conditions.I have been using this company for last twenty years and do not hesitate to recommend them .The response from the office is always very efficient and helpful - 2022-01-31read moreread lessWilliam H.Found some great snow in the backcountry Had a great day with Matthias, who was very friendly and showed us some fantastic routes around Rendl. The vis was poor at the start so we were taken to an area that was likely to be better and it was! Overall a great day and well worth it - these are the ski days you remember! - 2018-02-17read moreread less
- 172k_risAnother side of St. Anton with Piste to Powder We had two excellent days skiing the St. Anton backcountry with Flo who is both very competent and a fantastic guy. Finding fresh tracks for almost every run in a popular place like St. Anton is really impressive and he was really skilled at matching the objectives to the ambitions and skills of the group. - 2022-01-23read moreread lessbbh625Great week with Piste to Powder We had an amazing week - and managed fresh tracks every day! Piste to Powder has looked after us two seasons now (a week this February, and a week last year too). Both my teenage children really enjoyed the experience, so we had both family and friends out. There hadn't been fresh snow for almost two weeks, but our guide managed to 'truffle hunt' fresh tracks nonetheless (after a bit of extra climbing). Great experience, we'll do it again! - 2017-02-22read moreread less
- eriettaelmoMagnus-the best ski guide!!! I had 2 amazing days with Magnus! Every run that we did got better and better and we skied some really good untouched lines!!!
It only worths to have Magnus as your ski guide!
Magnus delivers you safely to secret lines of powder, you would never have otherwise found!!
You will explore and reach ski terrain that you dream about!
Thank you Magnus ! :) - 2019-02-12read moreread lessMeander40105722690Great Backcountry ski guiding! Phillip was an awesome guide. I learned a ton, felt safe the entire time, and had two of the best skiing days of my life. I cannot recommend highly enough! - 2023-04-06read moreread lessMichal N.They really do take you to the best powder!! Can only recommend! - 2019-02-09read moreread less
- Robert S.Off Piste Piste to powder guides were great and the admin team were also. Had some great skiing in a safe environment. - 1970-01-01read moreread lesscalexander624Transform your week in St Anton This was our first all family off piste touring based week - father, mother, 4 teenagetwenty something children plus one girlfriend. Piste to Powder satisfied the various different expectations and skill levels perfectly. i have skied with many off piste guides all over the world; Piste to Powder have great client facing skills and instilled confidence in the entire group. They transformed what would have been a fairly average piste based week into our best family ski holiday yet. - 2017-02-20read moreread lessreeda2020Couldn't of been better My experience with Emi was like no other. It was out of this world. His knowledge of the mountain terrain, incoming and passing weather conditions to allow us to find the best spots was amazing. Personality-wise, he was so great, it was like riding back home with one of my ‘boys’. After each section of riding it was as if he was just as excited and pumped as I was always giving me ‘props’ and telling me how amazing that was. Emi was great with my go pro always making sure it was filming and in the right position for me to capture this day. His positivity and attitude puts him at the top of my experiences. I can’t thank him and your company enough for this day and one I will happily share with everyone. I say, when I’m back, I will definitely be reaching out.
Thank you so much for ‘filling my bucket’ - 2023-01-24read moreread less
- 962bj_rneAmazing skiing Thanks to Peter!! We spend five days with Peter who managed to find perfect snow everyday of the week. Very impressive. I will definitely come back! / Björn - 2019-02-16read moreread lessFearless663482Amazing Experience Absolutely outstanding, professional and knowledgeable guides. They took us to some amazing places we never would have found on our own and made us feel safe the whole time. While the conditions looked dodgy at first, we wound up finding some great little nooks. The last day where we spent most of our time on Randl, was one of the best ski days I have ever had in my life - 2024-02-22read moreread lessbenfF2797BWGreat trip! Great run from the highest run in the region...
Extremely tired but well worth it!
Thank you Gebi!!! - 2020-03-05read moreread less
- John T.off piste day to remember a memorable day out with Jacob, covering everything - stunning mountain scenery and skiing with noone else around. A challenging day but always in safe hands. - 2019-01-23read moreread lessGreat touring day! Very friendly guide who gave great advice - plus very accommodating with picking us up from Lech. Best day skiing in a long time. - 2020-03-15read moreread lessawatson3112Awesome off Piste day! Awesome day off piste skiing with Gelbi. He was great with the group and catered to all of our skill levels - 2020-03-05read moreread less
- JustincarrickFantastic Day with guide Our group contained a mix of skiers and boarders, adults and a child - Tom was able to put together a great day/itinerary that worked for everyone. Technique tuition, safety advice and excellent route selection.
Thanks Piste to Powder, we’ll be back soon! - 2024-02-14read moreread lessTrailBlazer135068Awesome day at St Anton Had a great day on the mountain with Burkhard! It was tough conditions with lots of snow and low visibility. He showed great lines and took us to places we wouldn't have been able to find without a guide. Two thumbs up! - 2022-02-24read moreread less