Are you planning your next ski adventure and wondering if you should hire a ski guide while heading out to the deep and white alpine backcountry? We have put together five good reasons that will make your decision-making easier.
Re-awaken your mind, challenge your skills and discover the thrill of your ultimate powder adventure in Anton, Lech Zürs, Arlberg. Ready for the best off piste powder experience in St. Anton, Lech Zürs and the Arlberg?
Winter climbing in January may not be the first thing you think about when coming to St Anton but right now with spring like conditions, it’s a perfect time to try this protected climb and beautiful ski tour.
Nestled in the heart of the tranquil Verwall valley, beside the Rosanna river is the newly renovated Wagner Hütte, warm and inviting for Off Piste skiers, cross country skiers and hikers alike, to meet, mingle and indulge in some delicious Austrian food in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
IFMGA/ UIAGM/ IVBV
- bj_rnv2019Make the most of your days in the mountain If you wan't to experience the most amazing skiing day ever Piste to Powder is the company to see. They have experienced and knowledgeable guides that know the area by heart. If you love to go off piste, don't miss a day with Piste to Powder! - 2019-03-01read moreread lessNataliaM3890Another great year We have been skiing with piste to powder for a couple of years now, and at the end of every trip we say it would be impossible to have a better one. Yet, they keep getting better.
We skied slopes we hadn't done before and eventhough it was busy and we thought it would be impossible to find good untracked snow, the guides were always able to find untouched galleys with perfect snow conditions. It is the perfect way to make the most out of a good skiing holiday and we will definitely do it again next season. - 2019-03-24read moreread lessPedro A.Amazing guiding and quick response late at night We organised late at night for a guide the following morning for two high-level freeriders, with early meeting in Lech and free-riding. We were not expecting this kind of guiding in San Anton area, really professional and and hard-charging. - 2019-01-21read moreread less
- CADebbieAwesome experience I figured that if I was going to travel all the way from California to St Anton to ski, I wanted to get the most out of the experience. After spending my first day on the piste with long lines, crowded slopes and spending far too much time looking at the map, I was anxious to get off-piste and away from the crowds. I decided to join an open group level 2 with Piste to Powder and was rewarded with incredible scenery, endless fresh tracks on open bowls and a great guide (Bernie) who knew the mountain well and took us to the best spots that I certainly would never have found or ventured to on my own. I'll admit that a couple of the drop ins and traverses made me go weak at the knees at first glance, but Bernie instilled confidence and was very patient. I enjoyed the small group experience and comradery of like minded skiiers. We were all exhausted at the end of the day but were on a high from the experience. I highly recommend this organization and would go with them again in a heartbeat if I'm ever back in the area. - 2017-02-23read moreread lessJohn_snowlifeBEST decision was to be Guided for a week I signed up for the Level 3 Open Group for the Monday. Snow still wasn't deep but the guide found us fun off-piste skiing with some fresh powder. It was so much fun and we went to places I could never find on my own. So I signed up for the whole week and it was the best decision I could have made! Tomas took us over the mountains, down the valleys and through the trees in search for untouched powder and we found loads of it. He was extremely professional and I felt safe at all times with him. Being guided the whole week made all the other expenses of the trip so much more worthwhile. - 2017-01-21read moreread lesschristianhW2378MKExtraordinary! Piste To Powder and our guide Florian really showed what a remarkable place St Anton is. Thanks for unforgettable days on the mountain! - 2022-03-28read moreread less
- Kmd379Wonderful guides I booked an off piste day with my brother. Our guide Florian was simply amazing. He was so patient and dealt with two people with very different skiing styles brilliantly. The communication prior to the day was excellent and the payment system simple and efficient. I really cannot recommend Piste to Powder enough. Also highlights the importance of equipment and guiding for off piste. We came across an avalanche and two guides from piste to powder immediately organised everyone into efficient and safe search parties. Thankfully no one was hurt but shows how professional and decent they are. - 2019-01-06read moreread lessJan d.My fourth experience with Piste to Powder, second time with Florian. Ok, circumstances were more or less PERFECT, fresh pack of snow and sun, but even then the guide needs to make the right choices. Florian made us all feel comfortable and safe, took us down beautiful slopes, and did push us to do the extra run. Top day! Recommend PtP! - 2019-02-09read moreread lessHersh T.Great (safe) fun! A very professional and fulfilling experience. Our guide was Stefan K and led us to a very rewarding day in challenging off-piste conditions. He provided valuable tips and advice in a clear and calm way which contributed to a fun (and safe) day out! - 2017-03-21read moreread less
- M5869INtombEpic 2 days even with limited visibility Another great few days with Florian - this year one bluebird powder day and one low vis powder day - the latter turned out to surprisingly be the best - found fine visibility runs at top of rendel, through trees, untracked, no one there all day. Epic. Dont let the lack of sun put you off these guys find the runs whatever the weather! - 2019-03-20read moreread lessD5157LXaaronjBest ski guides in St Anton Piste to Powder is the best ski guide company in St Anton. They are very professional and prioritize safety and fun. The guides are super cool and know where the best off piste runs are. We went heli skiing one day and got some nice runs in with Philip. We skied the Arlberg another day with Flo and he lead us to Stuben for a great lunch and gave us some nice culture/history lessons about the area. - 2023-02-20read moreread less
- Great trip! Great run from the highest run in the region...
Extremely tired but well worth it!
Thank you Gebi!!! - 2020-03-05read moreread lessAnette U.Unparalleled local knowledge and experience We had 5 great days with P2P in February. We didn’t get a lot of fresh snow during the week but still our guide managed to find fresh tracks for us and even with low visibility on some days we always felt in good hands. - 2018-02-14read moreread lessHarry O.Guiding Skied in group with Tom and had private half day booking with Jackob. Both really knew their stuff and managed the conditions, which were very different, and the challenges 12 year old behaviour with professionalism.
Top job gentlemen, thanks.
Harry. - 2017-02-19read moreread less
- Halvor M.Great guiding 10 days after last snow fall. We toured a bit and skied the good stuff❄️❄️❄️ - 2019-03-09read moreread lessKonstantin2023Gerat! It was great fun for all of us to be out in the terrain with Emi.
The instruction on safety equipment was understandable for all. Emi also gave each of us many individual tips on how to improve our riding technique on the board. Emi had adapted the activities on this day to the needs and riding skills of each individual in our group. Emi made our Poweder-Day very varied. The snow conditions were not optimal everywhere but we made the best of it. We can well imagine booking Emi again for a bigger cross-country tour. - 2023-01-24read moreread less
- Esther v.Geli: cheerfully improving your ski-technique for off-piste skiing! For the fourth year in row we spend two half days of technique training and two days of off piste skiing with Geli, we've booked for next year again!!
Every year she is able to improve our skills and to find the perfect spots for off-piste skiing, being safe and always cheerful!!
Really recommendable!! - 2018-03-09read moreread lessEric M.Amazing off-piste week with experienced, safe guide I spent 4 days in a row skiing with Bernhard in a level 2/3 group. It was impressed by Bernhard's ability to bring us amazing skiing, challenging runs all while making safety a top priority. Bernhard regularly told us the safest distance to ski apart, which terrain to avoid and how to handle particularly challenging sections. I highly recommend Piste to Powder!!! - 2018-03-01read moreread lessCathrine L.Super day for me and my ten year old daughter, off piste with our outstanding guide Moriz! He took good care of us and made the day unforgettable! Thanks! - 2019-02-09read moreread less
- calexander624Transform your week in St Anton This was our first all family off piste touring based week - father, mother, 4 teenagetwenty something children plus one girlfriend. Piste to Powder satisfied the various different expectations and skill levels perfectly. i have skied with many off piste guides all over the world; Piste to Powder have great client facing skills and instilled confidence in the entire group. They transformed what would have been a fairly average piste based week into our best family ski holiday yet. - 2017-02-20read moreread lessAlex M.Great Experience Super experience with a knowledgeable guide. Really good info on avalanche safety and a really cool run that I would not have noticed had a toured the same mountain with t - 2022-02-01read moreread lessbjarnieyvindstGo with the flow I have been to Sankt Anton number of times to chase some off-piste lines and never hired a guide until now. We had two epic days but yet very different. One day of touring and even though the mountains were lacking snow our guide managed to find some fresh untouched lines. The second day was after it had snowed quite bit and we managed to ski untouched powder the whole day without doing any touring. I will definitely hire I guide again the next time I will be in Sankt Anton. Thanks for two epic days and great companionship Flo! - 2022-01-24read moreread less
- DAC3_11Best day of skiing of our libes We set out on Monday morning with Jakob and we skied fresh tracks until 3.30pm that day... need we say more? - 2019-02-05read moreread lessLeonie S.Not only an amazing off piste experience, but the communication with Piste to Powder was great! Mike replied to all my emails immediately and was extremely helpful! Can 100% recommend! - 2019-02-09read moreread lessNICHOLAS C.Off Piste St Anton I always like to go with Piste to Powder because I am always guaranteed a good day
The Guides are always very professional and able to find good conditions.I have been using this company for last twenty years and do not hesitate to recommend them .The response from the office is always very efficient an - 2022-01-31read moreread less
- JustincarrickFantastic Day with guide Our group contained a mix of skiers and boarders, adults and a child - Tom was able to put together a great day/itinerary that worked for everyone. Technique tuition, safety advice and excellent route selection.
Thanks Piste to Powder, we’ll be back soon! - 2024-02-14read moreread lessRobert S.Off Piste Piste to powder guides were great and the admin team were also. Had some great skiing in a safe environment. - 1970-01-01read moreread lessMichal N.They really do take you to the best powder!! Can only recommend! - 2019-02-09read moreread less