OFF PISTE SKIING – You’d like to refresh your mountain & safety skills?
Our avalanche training courses will equip you with all the knowledge and practical skills to know what to do in the worst case scenario.
This intensive half day course will be a mix of theory and practical skills on the mountain with one of our trained UIAGM mountain guides. We will simulate a burial so that you can put everything into practice .
We will cover:
- how avalanches form and how they release
- Avalanche avoidance: how to identify Avalanche terrain and potential triggers
- Using information and resources and how to read an avalanche bulletin
- Correct use of safety equipment: transceiver, shovel and probe
- Rescue procedures
- Practical: Companion search in single and multiple scenario
Meet in Anton Cafe,
Half day course 3 hours: 9-12pm and 1-4pm Avalanche safety training Cost 80 euros
Full day 9-3.30 pm Avalanche safety skills followed by guiding after Cost 135 euros.
Seasonaire discount applies. please enquire and state your job in St Anton.
(minimum of 4 for the course to run)
Sign Up here for an Avalanche workshop
Blog by Zoe